Monday, February 18, 2013

Prep for Day 1

Tomorrow is Day 1 of the Food Stamp Challenge.  To prep for that, I went to Pacific Market to shop for food.  The weekly budget for the challenge is $37.25.  I found myself wanting to buy the food items that I want to buy but had to hold back and look for Plan B after adding the cost of my initial items into my calculator.  I must say this shopping trip was very difficult.  The thought that I had the whole time was.. "Why didn't I look for coupons??"  At the end, I spent a total of $15.18 on my first grocery shopping trip.


I was very tempted to buy a bunch of top ramen but I wanted to avoid food with high sodium.  It looks like I will be having tuna and egg sandwiches for lunch and egg noodles for dinner the next two days.  On to Day 1!


2 comments:

  1. I also went to Pacific Supermarket (on Alemany Blvd) yesterday afternoon after going to Safeway. I loaded up on bananas, strawberries, potatoes, broccoli, milk, and eggs. The eggs, which were the same ones pictured above, were only $1.49!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paid $2.50! Guess I better go to the one on Alemany!

    ReplyDelete