Wednesday, February 20, 2013

End of Day 1

My food purchases for the week are a total of $34.09, slightly below the $37.25 allocated for the week.  I might purchase some more food items for the week.  I think I probably have enough food to last for the entire week. 
I ate the following on day one of the challenge:
Breakfast – eggs (two large), oven roasted potatoes, (approximately 11.4 ounces pre-cooked weight)
Snack - oatmeal (½ cup dry measure) with milk (½ cup), peanut butter (1 tablespoon) and sweetened with Splenda, date pieces (1.4 ounces)
Snack- orange (small)
Lunch – soup (24 ounces) made with canned tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, 10 bean mix and textured vegetable protein
Snack- oatmeal (½ cup dry measure) with milk (½ cup), peanut butter (1 tablespoon) and sweetened with Splenda
Snack- apple (1 large)
Dinner – barley (½ cup cooked), tofu (3.5 ounces), peas (4.5 ounces)
Dessert – yam (9.5 ounce pre-cooked weight), Banana (one large), milk (1 cup) and sunflower seeds (½ ounce) cooked yam and banana were frozen and blended with milk and topped with sunflower seeds, thick enough to eat like ice cream and the yam and banana provide the sweetness
Protein: eggs, milk, beans, tofu, textured vegetable protein, peanut butter
Fiber: oatmeal, beans, barley, apple, peas
Vegetables: carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, yam, potatoes
Fruit: dates, orange, apple and banana
Sodium: only items with added salt are canned tomatoes and peanut butter

Very low priced food items purchased:
Yam - 3 pounds and 4 ounces for .99 cents (sold by the each price for extra large) .31 cents per pound – if purchased in 3 pound bag of small yams for $1.99, .66 cents per pound
Black bean soup - 14.5 ounce can for .50 cents from close out rack
Peanut butter – 12 ounce jar for .75 cents
Milk non-fat – 1 gallon $2.39
Apples – Braeburn and Jonagold .49 cents a pound
Oatmeal - .69 cents a pound (Costco price for 10 pound box is $7.99, .80 cents a pound)

Organic food items purchased:
Potatoes Russet – 5 pound bag $2.50
Carrots – 2 pound bag $1.99
Black bean soup – 14.5 ounce can .50 cents

How I felt during the day:
  • I had plenty of energy all day
  • In the morning, I did strength training for 30 minutes
  • Soup was very filling and my appetite decreased in the afternoon
  • I did not feel any hungrier than when I am not doing the challenge
  • I spread my food consumption to 8 times during the day so my hunger level does not fluctuate much during the day
  • At the end of the day, I felt satiated and my energy level was the same as when I am not doing the challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment