Monday, February 25, 2013

Last day of Food Stamp Challenge

Happy Monday to all the Food Stamp Challenge participants!
We made it (almost).
Lessons Learned:
  • I need to budget in coffee :-),
  • I didn't need all the food I bought, but as I bought dried beans and lentils I didn't eat, they could be used for next week,
  • Some items would last several weeks - steel-cut oats, peanut butter - which would allow me to make different choices in the following week,
  • Planning my food might be easier over a month and something I am considering,
  • I made healthier choices this week than most weeks,
  • I ate well and was conscious of my food choices,
  • I was able to participate in a pot luck on the weekend with what I had already purchased (as I said, I purchased too much), and
  • What a great reminder it was generally about the benefits of budgeting.
 Have a wonderful week, I am grateful to have had this experience.
Sonya

1 comment: